Pages

Friday, June 12, 2009

Voila! C'est fini!

A small finish to share (I know - shocking, isn't it?!). Blackbird's charming (and free) Souvenir de France design offered on their blog. I worked on it while I watched the French Open. It was a fun stitch.

souvenir de france

Blackbird Designs
Souvenir de France
32 count PTP Melo
Waterlilies silk in Periwinkle

This weekend is BabyGirl's nineteenth birthday. These nineteen years have gone by so quickly and are so packed with memories and images. I don't want a single one of them to slip from my memory. We are very lucky to have her in our lives.

I look forward to gardenias every year and this year our gardenia bushes were so full with blooms. It's such a great plant and gives so much for so little care - shiny deep green leaves all year and gorgeous creamy white blooms during May and some of June. They were one of my gifts on my first Mother's Day and are very special so I am propagating them in case anything happens to the originals. The are planted next to my study windows and I leave the windows open so I can enjoy their fragrance while I work.

gardenia1

gardenias2


Hope everyone has a glorious weekend - à bientôt!




12 comments:

Jan said...

Gorgeous finish and oh so lovely flowers!

Margaret said...

It's beautiful, Dona! I have a DD who will be 19 this year too! Not till August though. Happy birthday to your dear one. (Yay tennis!)

Siobhán said...

Awww, give your baby girl an extra hug for me, who will be apart from my baby girl's 19th birthday next week. First time I've ever been away from her on her bday. I know she's having a great time but I still miss her! Your gardenia bush is gorgeous, and what a wonderful memory of your first Mother's Day! :)

I LOVE your finish!! Beautiful work. Is your little icon from Sarah Verrier? You know, the little avatar thingie that appears next to your blog name & the 'about me' stuff? I love it!

Have a great weekend, Dona!

Nicole said...

beautiful finish Dona! I love your new blog look! It's so pretty! Happy birthday to your DD!

Katrina said...

Pretty BBD freebie, the blue is so pretty!

Gardenia's smell so wonderful. I need to see if I can even grow them here, I sort of doubt it.

Happy birthday to your DD!

Deb said...

Dona - that BBD freebie is wonderful and I really love the color that you stitched it with. Gardenia's smell so wonderful - I always associate those with my mom because they have always been her favorite flower. Happy B'Day to your daughter!

Tanya said...

Cute finish, so pretty in blue. Happy Birthday to your daughter.
Beautiful gardenia bush.

The Scarlett House said...

Nice little piece to do while watching tennis. Very cute.

Enjoy these days with your daughter. They go by fast.

Michelle said...

Beautiful finish. I love the color silk you chose. And your little fleur de lis are sp pretty with your vase of gardenias. Love them!

Joy said...

Such a lovely piece, Dona. I love the blue and white you chose for this.
And I envy your beautiful gardenias ~ they are my favorite flower.

~Joy

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

I love your Souvenir de France! The color is beautiful!!

I love gardenia's too! We can't grow them very well in Michigan but my folks have a gorgeous tree in their yard. All the while they're blooming, my dad brings my mother one every morning and either leaves it on her pillow or brings it with her coffee. Yours are beautiful!

samplerlover said...

Your Souvenir de France is lovely. Love the colour.
Aren't gardenias the most beautiful flowers. The smell is gorgeous. - Sandra.