Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Finally!!

Finally! My cold/virus or whatever nasty thing that visited is gone and I finally felt like stitching. First - the snow! It has been a long time since we've seen snow and last weekend we were lucky to have four inches that lasted over night. Of course today it is close to 80 degrees!









I picked up Sarah Verrier 1737 to start back on it although I haven't added it into the rotation, but will probably work on it on weekends. It is an Amy Mittens kit with hand dyed silk threads and 40 count fabric. I'm concerned that I've miscounted enough that there will not be enough fabric to complete the sampler as designed, but I'm alright with it not being exactly reproduced.


It is a French-Canadian sampler with the Lord's Prayer in French. I am almost at my favorite part of the sampler, but here are some other parts of it that I think are very charming. The little diamonds with cream centers, the crowns and the half crown when she ran out of space:


The wavelike motif following the amen, the floral band, and the trees with white flowers:


I've been thinking of doing a Lord's Prayer theme, including Scarlet Letter's Elizabeth Ginger 1735.

I haven't gotten very far with my rotation. I thought I would do small pieces while I also work on Shores of Hawk Run Village. Here is Pears by Handwork. There is a cute bird in the upper right hand corner. It's worked on 40 count Park Avenue Blend with NPI silks:

Carriage House Samplings' Stitcher's Prayer, which looks boring in this picture, but it's not! It's stitched on 40 count Creme Brule with NPI silks.


Notforgotten Farm's Harvest Sampler. I don't remeber which fabric I'm using, but I am using DMC threads. Missing words and letters stitches miscounted and removed - I know I must be the Queen of Miscounting!


A very fun piece to stich is My Betrothed, Birds of a Feather. I don't remember this fabric, and it's stitched with the recommended threads.

Even with his carrot nose, one foot and no hands he's a cute little guy. I love the way the tree branches look, too.

I might be ready to start on this again soon. FingerWork's Elizabeth Saville stitched on 32 count Pearled Barley with the recommended threads:


My Beneath the Sunlit Sky, Blackbird, is framed and now in my study. I modified it to include my daughter's initials, as well as my husband's and mine. The colors in this sampler are beautiful. The branch of flowers the bird is perched on reminds me of the wild azaleas that grow on our land and the heron reminds me of the beautiful marshes along coastal Georgia:



This long post is finally at an end - have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

8 comments:

Glenna said...

Thank you for dropping by, and welcome to blogging! Your WIPs are lovely--I'm seeing more Amy Mitten designs and I love the one you're doing.

Siobhán said...

ACK!! I shouldn't have looked at your blog today. I want to go and rock in the corner, mumbling to myself about what I want to stitch. Each WIP that you have pictured is gorgeous & stuff that I want to stitch. At least I have the CHS Stitcher's Prayer done. LOL Everything is wonderful. Your Beneath a Sunlit Sky is GORGEOUS! I love the frame that you chose for it. Your Sarah Verrier--ack. Drop dead stunning. Now I need to get that BOAF chart out and started.

Margaret said...

I'm with Siobhan on all your WIPs! Wonderful! And your BBD looks fabulous too. I need to dig out that BOAF design too -- you temptress you! lol!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Oh my gosh... all your WIPs are wonderful. I have started a couple of them myself... but you've just added a few more to my ever growing list of things to stitch.

I especially like the Lord's Prayer in French.

Deb said...

I just came across your blog today and I have to say that all your WIPs look wonderful!
Deb

Michelle said...

Oh such lovely things! That Amy Mitten is gorgeous - drop dead - I am gonna have to have it! All your work is wonderful, I'm so glad you've started a blog!

Joy said...

Dona, I love all your WIP. That Amy Mitten design is to die for.
Your BBD finished very nicely, too. I love seeing how all my stash is going to look eventually!
Joy

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Gorgeous WIPs!!! I absolutely love your Sarah Verrier sampler and although I don't speak a word of french (except to pretend), I'd love to have this beauty hanging in my home. I am going crazy over your other starts as well - I love BOAF and you're right - the tree branches and little guy are darling. I've also got a good start on Elizabeth Saville and just love it. Your Beneath the SS is lovely - I finished that one also!