Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Just Jane

After stitching a bit on IAMEK, my original choice for Nicola's Scarlet Letter challenge, I decided to switch to a different SL design. While I like the design of IAMEK, I'd rather wait til I have more time to play around with the thread colors some. Once my fabric and threads for Jenny Bean arrive, I'll start stitching it instead.

In the meantime, I've worked on just Jane Pattison. I really am in love with this sampler. I love its simple elegance as well as the beautiful threads and charming motifs. The little birds on the planter look as if Jane did a quick line sketch of them in pen and ink. I am using the Attic Needlework's conversion to silks, but changed the color of the inner block border to a more gold thread after seeing it a similar change here.  I used AVAS 100/3 #303. I like the way it looks!


Jane Pattison, Shakespeare's Peddler
Light Examplar, 40 count, Lakeside Linen
Conversion to silks by Attic Needlework


Everything else is pretty quiet here. Spring is here, but barely. Macon's Cherry Blossom Festival is underway, but the cherry blossoms haven't really bloomed yet. My tree has just a handful of blossoms.

That it's for now, and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

10 comments:

Deb said...

Your Jane looks wonderful so far. I think that everything is going to be late this year for blooming because it's been so cold. We're still freezing and snowy here. I'm so ready for Spring.

Ruth said...

Beautiful -- absolutely beautiful. I love thinking of those birds as sketches -- so sweet.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your Jane looks beautiful. I love the changes you made with the colors and the type of silk you're using.
Did you stitch Amy Mitten's Sarah Verrier?

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Jane is just gorgeous! I love the colors you're using and Vintage Light Exemplar is one of my favorite fabrics. Beautiful!

Katrina said...

Love Jane. She's such a pretty sampler :-)!!!

Margaret said...

Jane is looking great! I hope you are happier with the new SL piece you've chosen. You have to feel good about it while stitching or it's no fun!

Anne said...

She's simply stunning isn't she?! I need to order this Jane pronto!! Love the silk conversion too.

Sharon said...

She looks utterly fantastic! Beautiful stitching!

Joy said...

I can see why your stitching Jane...beautiful!

Panther Martial Arts said...


This is so lovely!!